International Education Information, Advice and Counselling
The services we offer to help you study overseas include counselling, application assistance, visa assistance, German and English language training, student exhibitions and seminars.
If you register on our websites (www.grcbangladesh.com) or register to participate in an event we will collect personal information such as your name, email address, contact details, country of residence, nationality, preferred study destination, and when you intend to study.
If you enquire about study opportunities directly with an GRC counsellor, or we assist you with your application to study, we may also request additional information such as education qualifications, employment history, occupation, areas of interest and professional memberships, copies of documents as proof of identity – e.g. copies of passport, proof of citizenship or photographs, marital status and how you will fund your studies. We may also request sensitive information about you such as racial or ethnic origin (from information on your country of origin), and/or your health or medical information (e.g. from a medical examination required for your visa application for Germany/Canada/UK/USA/Australia/New Zealand visa).
Collecting your personal information allows us to:
- assist you to pursue the opportunity to undertake studies in an education institution outside your home country;
- provide you with relevant information on your study options;
- present you as a candidate to your preferred institutions across all education sectors, which are seeking to recruit international students who want to study in Germany, Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada or New Zealand;
- assist you to further your career after completing your studies at an overseas education institution;
- provide opportunities to participate in projects/programs as consultants;
- provide opportunities to provide feedback and testimonials on your experience
- inform and provide students, institutions and other clients of developments in the services we provide (including events and opportunities to participate in projects/programs);
- conduct research for statistical, analytical and training purposes;
- manage our internal business operations and events; and
- respond to your questions.
Student Essentials Services
GRC offers services from third parties to help support you in your studies overseas and we call these Student Essentials. These services include Overseas Student Health Cover (OHSC), accommodation arrangements, a 24/7 emergency helpline, referral to guardianship services, visa application services and career skills training.
If you purchase a Student Essentials service we may collect personal information such as your name, date of birth, and financial information, and sensitive information such as your health or medical information. We may also collect payment information, however GRC does not store information like credit/debit card details.
Collection of your personal information and sensitive information (such as your health or medical information) allows us to:
- provide the health insurance provider nominated by you with all relevant information for your OHSC;
- facilitate your accommodation arrangements with third party providers;
- contact the relevant organisations, authorities or other third parties in relation to your overseas guardianship application;
- respond to your query and/or direct your query when you contact the GRC 24/7 Helpline
- contact the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) with all relevant information required for visa renewal or parent visa application;
- contact Australia/Germany/Canada/UK/USA/New Zealand’s institutions or other organisations on your behalf to facilitate visits, career skills training or internship placements;
- arrange or provide other products and services to you.
Visa application services for Australian visas
We provide visa application services for Australian visas including guiding you through the application process and helping you prepare the necessary documents for your nominated visa application. These visa application services not only cover visa applications required for study, but also post-study work and skilled migration visa applications.
Collection of your personal information and sensitive information (such as information from your medical examination) allows us to:
- assist you in your application for a student visa in Australia including contacting the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and other organisations on your behalf to discuss your application;
- provide the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) with all relevant information required for your visa application;
- contact the DHA or other organisations on your behalf to discuss or ask questions about your visa application; and
- keep you updated with the progress of your visa application and advise you of the outcome of your application.
GRC’s vision is to build a global community of connected students from classroom to career. This means we would like to stay in touch for as long as you would like to hear from us, but we will only retain your information as long as is necessary for the purpose it was given to us.
As a guide we will keep your personal information for up to 7 years after commencing your studies or your last activity with us so that we can continue to support you through your journey, unless required to retain it for legal or regulatory purposes.