Who we are
GRC is a global organisation that assists individuals to study overseas and provides German language training in Bangladesh. This requires us to collect personal information from you. “We”, “us” and “our” refers to the GRC Services Limited, including GRC Education, German Language Institute, GRC IELTS, GRC Training and GRC Tourism.
We also know you love the small print, but here’s a summary of how we protect your privacy:
1. We only collect what we need to help you with your request or provide you with information that you ask for, personalising it to your interests.
2. We won’t hang on to your information. If we don’t need it, and you don’t want us to keep it, we’ll delete it.
3. We want you to understand everything we do with your information, so we’ll try our best to explain with no nonsense.
4. No surprises — you decide what and how you hear from us.
5. That goes for everyone. We do not pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your knowledge.
The rest of this policy provides you with more detail of our privacy and personal information handling practices.
International Education Information, Advice and Counselling
The services we offer to help you study overseas include counselling, application assistance, visa assistance, German language training, student exhibitions and seminars.
If you register on our websites (www.grcbangladesh.com), or register to participate in an event we will collect personal information such as your name, email address, contact details, country of residence, nationality, preferred study destination, and when you intend to study.
If you enquire about study opportunities directly with an GRC counsellor, use our Offer in Principle service, or we assist you with your application to study, we may also request additional information such as education qualifications, employment history, occupation, areas of interest and professional memberships, copies of documents as proof of identity – e.g. copies of passport, proof of citizenship or photographs, marital status and how you will fund your studies. We may also request sensitive information about you such as racial or ethnic origin (from information on your country of origin), and/or your health or medical information (e.g. from a medical examination required for your visa application for an Australian visa).
Collecting your personal information allows us to:
- assist you to pursue the opportunity to undertake studies in an education institution outside your home country;
- provide you with relevant information on your study options;
- present you as a candidate to your preferred institutions across all education sectors, which are seeking to recruit international students who want to study in Germany, Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada or New Zealand;
- match you to course vacancies at your preferred institution and communicate offers in principle;
- assist you to further your career after completing your studies at an overseas education institution;
- provide opportunities to participate in projects/programs as consultants;
- provide opportunities to provide feedback and testimonials on your experience
- inform and provide students, institutions and other clients of developments in the services we provide (including events and opportunities to participate in projects/programs);
- conduct research for statistical, analytical and training purposes;
- manage our internal business operations and events; and
- respond to your questions.
Visa application services
We provide visa application services for Germany, Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada or New Zealand visas including guiding you through the application process and helping you prepare the necessary documents for your nominated visa application. These visa application services not only cover visa applications required for study, but also post-study work and skilled migration visa applications.
Collection of your personal information and sensitive information (such as information from your medical examination) allows us to:
- assist you in your application for a student visa.;
- keep you updated with the progress of your visa application and advise you of the outcome of your application.
GRC’s vision is to build a global community of connected students from classroom to career. This means we would like to stay in touch for as long as you would like to hear from us, but we will only retain your information as long as is necessary for the purpose it was given to us.
As a guide we will keep your personal information for up to 2 years after commencing your studies or your last activity with us so that we can continue to support you through your journey, unless required to retain it for legal or regulatory purposes